vendredi 29 janvier 2010

Visiting the village of Thottada

Had a great breakfast this morning and set off to try and find the village that is aprox 2/3 km from the beach. Up the dirt track, round the bend, turn left, right, find a real road and appears the little village of thottada. Nothing much to say, a few shops, very nice people and kids all over. Visited the temple that was very decorated and found out that there was a 3 day festival on, with elephants and all. One of the brahmans invited me for lunch but I declined his offer and he indicated to me the place to see the elephants rest. I found them at a crossing in amongst the trees playing with branches. I will have to visit the temple at 6 this evening to see them decorated and paraded.

ps : no photos yet as I do not have any WIFI here to upload through my Iphone, but this should be resolved in the next few days when I move to Katampally tomorrow PM

1 commentaire: